A family raising twins at sea welcomes you to share the dream ❣️
We are Kristian and Sabrina, founders of the Green Coconut Run Sailing Cooperative.
We love to explore wild beautiful islands, and we love sharing them with our visitors from around the world.
In 2014 we started Green Coconut Run as a three year community voyage from California to Tahiti. Our initial 30 “early seabird” investors grew to nearly two hundred visitors joining over the years in co-op trips.
We fell in love with French Polynesia, had twin babies, and decided to stay! We started a charter business here, focused on family-friendly, ocean wilderness adventures: Green Coco Charters.
Our Rough Schedule
January-February: Tikehau & Rangiroa (Tuamotus)
March-April: Apataki & Ahe (Tuamotus)
May-August: Fakarava, Toau, and Faaite (Tuamotus)
October-December: Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea, Bora-Bora (Society Islands)
~ see detailed schedule here ~
Where can we take you?
We take guests to visit two archipelagos: Tuamotus (January to August) and Society Islands (October to December). Check our Schedule for specific dates.
The Tuamotus archipelago are coral atolls of other-worldly beauty with some of the world’s best snorkeling, a true wilderness adventure. You’ll see mind-boggling, thriving coral reefs; watch Manta Rays circle lazily; swim with dozens of harmless reef sharks, and walk among endless coconut trees. We absolutely love it here! Some of the atolls we visit are: Tikehau, Rangiroa, Apataki, Ahe, Toau, Faaite, and Fakarava, from January to August. Contact us if interested.
The Society islands are the most famous islands in the South Pacific, the definition of paradise itself! They are mountainous islands with fringing coral reefs and calm lagoons, lush and wild at the same time. They have a well-rounded mix of activities, including hiking, waterfalls, beautiful snorkeling, and fine dining. Some of the islands we visit include Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea, and Bora-Bora, from October to December. Contact us if interested.
About our Co-op & Charter Trips
Our cooperative trips are unique, participatory adventures. Our members invest in the boat in advance and get to enjoy free time aboard the boat, big discounts on boat time, and work-exchange options. We live as a big happy family running a boat: everyone plays a role in cooking, cleaning, light boat maintenance. It’s a bit of work, but it’s exciting to create the adventure together! Our Co-op trips are minimum 8 days, usually 14 days. Our members come back year after year. Seeing all our kids grow up together in tropical paradises, experiencing a wonderful sense of community – it’s the greatest thing! If you’re interested in joining our co-op as a new member, or you’re a couple interested in being a Green Coco partner boat, please send us an email introducing yourself.
Our charter trips are all-inclusive so visitors can relax and enjoy their limited time aboard. We have a chef aboard to take care of meals, and guests can help out as they wish. Our Charter trips are minimum 4 days, usually 7-10 days. You’ll go home with new Green Coco skills from our Ocean Camp, like the sailing dinghy, gourmet tiny home cooking, breathwork for diving, kite-surfing, and more. We’ll explore amazing islands and live as a family aboard the boat. Seeing this world through the eyes our twin girls is also a highlight! They are aboard all trips (except those with 3+ cabins booked by guests). The life aboard a sailboat is wonderful and transformative — we hope you can come experience it sometime! See our charter prices and details at www.greencococharters.com.
Our Latest Posts
Recent Blog Posts
- Mantas FeedingI have incredible admiration for Manta Rays. How many huge creatures remain calm and comfortable as you swim 3 feet away? (The Whale Shark is another incredibly graceful animal). Mantas are … Continue reading Mantas Feeding
- Friendly NapoleonSince we’re in Fakarava’s World Heritage Site, the south pass is a defacto reserve. The fish have lost their fear, and grown used to swimming with humans. This was the case … Continue reading Friendly Napoleon
- Realizing a dream: Capt K’s 41st!We celebrated my 41st birthday by going to a new island (for us). Toau. Ah I love the fresh excitement of exploration. My wonderful wife Sabrina made our crew a dinner … Continue reading Realizing a dream: Capt K’s 41st!
- Newsletter Winter ’21: Holidays in CaliforniaIt’s been an eventful last few months… from traveling to California with the twins, hosting Mermaids and Seniors stoked on this ocean wilderness, to searching for a Nanny to help us. … Continue reading Newsletter Winter ’21: Holidays in California
- RIE parenting and mindfulnessRaising kids is the greatest of joys, and frankly, also a big challenge for mental sanity! Here are thoughts on maintaining sanity with twins on a boat. When the girls lost … Continue reading RIE parenting and mindfulness
- Twins turn Two!We left Tahiti and sailed to Tikehau, one of our favorite little atolls. At the end of January, our twins Kaiana and Naiyah were turning two years old. They started the … Continue reading Twins turn Two!
- Nanny in ParadiseCan you imagine helping a family take care of twin babies, on a big catamaran exploring dreamy places in French Polynesia? You might be in luck 🙂 We have 2 year … Continue reading Nanny in Paradise
- Newsletter Fall ’21: Kitesurfing HeavenView this newsletter in original format (recommended). Escape to Kitesurfing Heaven Our goal was to return to Tuamotus … We didn’t expect it would become a race against time, as … Continue reading Newsletter Fall ’21: Kitesurfing Heaven
- “We are walking!”Hi friends, it’s Naiyah and Kaiana here. We’re a year and half old, and can’t speak many words besides “moon” and “more” and “please”, but we babble pretty good. And we just learned … Continue reading “We are walking!”
- Bora Bora for three daysAs sailors we have the follow the weather, and whenever a north wind shows up (which is fairly rare during May-October in French Polynesia) it is beneficial to head east, against … Continue reading Bora Bora for three days
- Mantas with Bob & SusieNow that I’m a dad, I know that our parents have done a LOT for us! We hardly even know. Well, during our Green Coco trip we’ve been able to give … Continue reading Mantas with Bob & Susie
- Early Seabird 2021 – AldebaranIf you’ve been following our adventure and would love sail the South Seas — this is your chance!! Our partner boat Expedition Aldebaran is signing up Early Seabirds until September 6th. … Continue reading Early Seabird 2021 – Aldebaran
- We’re on a Podcast! Tiny Home ToursThis was a really fun interview with Ally from Tiny Home Tours! Ally chatted with us about life on the boat with twin babies, how we sustain our life financially through … Continue reading We’re on a Podcast! Tiny Home Tours
- How we saved our catamaran purchaseIt all started when we anchored our catamaran Selaví in Tahiti on a delightful sandbar next to a 42 foot trimaran called Little Wing. That’s right, just like Aldebaran! We instantly … Continue reading How we saved our catamaran purchase
For more information see our Charter website.