The Green Coconut Run is a cooperative sailing adventure. Visiting crew members fly down to join the boat for different legs (usually 2-3 weeks) and contribute to a boat fee and galley fee.
You can come aboard the boat as a:
- CO-OP MEMBER. Members can bring up to 1 guest on shared trips. Not yet a member? Get a referral from an existing member to join (see below), or come as a New Guest.
- NEW GUESTS. You are welcome to come aboard to try the experience on a private trip. If you love it, then you can sign up to become a member.
Where and When? View our Route Page and Schedule.
WANT TO JOIN THE CO-OP?
Have a referral from a co-op member? Interested in joining the co-op and coming aboard sometime? Alright! Here’s how it works.
- Send us an email requesting membership, along with the member referring you.
- Sign up to Become a Patron of Green Coconut Run.
- Answer the “Crew Bio Questions“, below, and send us an outdoorsy profile pic for your Crew Bio.
- There is an initiation fee.
ARE YOU A NEW GUEST?
Don’t have a referral from an existing co-op member? But are interested in being part of the co-op, and/or coming aboard our community sailing trips?
- To be eligible to come aboard – sign up to Become a Patron of Green Coconut Run.
- Please answer the “Crew Bio Questions”, below.
- We’ll send you a Cost Overview.
- Come aboard the boat for 1 trip; if it is a good fit, you can join the Co-op!
*CREW BIO QUESTIONS*
- Tell us about yourself. What’s your experience sailing? Interest in ocean sports?
- Where would you like to go (see our Route), and for how much time?
- How you heard about us, who referred you (if applicable)? Why do you think you’d make a good fit as a member of our sailing co-op?
—> Send us an email to email@example.com with your brief answers, and any additional questions you have!
Benefits of Co-op Membership
- Own a voyage — without “owning the boat”. It’s a millionaire’s lifestyle for pennies on the dollar… You get to participate in the trip of a lifetime without any of the risks & high costs.
- Bring a Guest — you can bring a non-member guest at your co-op rate.
- Reduced Rates — “Early Seabirds” get super reduced rates by paying before the season (ie. January), or come with affordable “Just Show Up” rates. Details in the Co-op only page.
- Work trade option — co-op members can reduce your boat time costs up to 50% with work trade.
- Reserve your spot on the voyage — Co-op members can access our Crew List with specific dates and who’s aboard; general public sees Our Route page only.
- Pro Deals & Gifts — you’ll get access to our Pro Deals and receive our yearly holiday letter with gifts!
- Offer input in our yearly survey — “Where do you want Aldebaran to go?” Pick your dream destination and help build the voyage.
Responsibilities of Crew Members
- We’re a community ship — sailing on Aldebaran is a participatory experience! Our atmosphere of sharing makes it special.
- Embrace your role as a Crew Member — everyone is helping make this dream happen — whether by sharing things you love (music, skills, knowledge), being motivated to do activities (do your sailing shift, snorkel, SUP) or helping out (cooking, cleaning, fixing stuff)
- Courier gear to the boat — all crew members are requested to travel bring down items to the boat (or take items back to U.S.) — this helps us keep costs low. It might be anything from peanut butter to nuts & bolts!
- Good Food is happiness — everyone takes turns cooking, please bring a few recipe options to share when your turn comes!
- HARVEST STOKE — above all, we promote an environment with a positive attitude, kind communication, and enthusiasm for life.
PS. Wondering what our trimaran is like? Check out the Boat page. Please note that Aldebaran has 3 double beds, which means it is best if you come as a pair. If you are on your own and want to guarantee a private bunk, please request space for two people (saving the second spot is half price).